The Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant—will act as the lead consultant on some client accounts and/or support the lead consultant in managing client accounts for plan sponsors. The consultant interacts with clients and develops relationships, is involved in developing solutions for all aspects of employee benefit programs to meet clients’ needs, and takes on the role of a trusted advisor.
To fulfill this role, the H&B Consultant will:
- Demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as: participate or lead the consulting team in developing the overall strategy to address the client’s needs; manage the scope, quality, timeliness and budget of multiple client deliverables; develop budgets and billing reports; facilitate and participate in or lead client calls and meetings; review project work of colleagues, which includes review of financial, contract, and administrative analysis; provide/receive other team members in the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client presentations.
- Provide high level financial, contract and/or administrative analysis. Provide guidance and training and be open to receiving the same.
- Perform data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); develop financial tools to support self-funded claims projections, set rates and model employee cost-sharing scenarios.
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, benefit plan summaries and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements.
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem solving on administrative and operations issues.
- Act as a subject matter expert in health and wellness products, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets. Includes developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients.
- Develop and maintain personal and working relationships with key client stakeholders to transition into the role of a trusted advisor and facilitate the sharing of advice and information relevant to the client, developing new and expanded business, and gain client referrals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Under-graduate or graduate degree
- Must have 4 or more years of relevant experience
- Possess or be working toward relevant industry designation(s)
- Knowledge of vendor marketplace
- Strong presentation skills and experience
- Previous client facing and account management skills are a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and on a team
The selected candidate will be expected to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by provincial/federal and Stem policies. This is a Toronto based position.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected].