The Employee Benefits Sales Executive will initiate, qualify and develop new business with target organizations to meet or exceed agreed upon production revenue goals within a specific market.
To fulfill this role, the Sales Professional will:
- Identify, qualify and sell new client engagements with target organizations to achieve or exceed annual produced revenue goal (revenue from a sold engagement), focusing on: (a) multi-year client engagements to provide ongoing consulting work within specific line of business; and (b) one-time projects.
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers within the target organizations.
- Participate in sales demonstrations and conduct face-to-face meetings with prospects.
- Organize and execute a multi-faceted sales plan to effectively make direct contact with prospects.
- Participate in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects, as well as utilizing prospect databases to identify and research potential organizations.
- Organize and execute marketing seminars and roundtables in order to identify and engage targets and build our brand in the marketplace.
- Understand the short and long-term needs and challenges of targets and how our value proposition and industry best practices can solve their problems, improve their competitive position and move their business forward.
- Prepare your colleagues that have the appropriate level of experience and content expertise to collaboratively develop solutions that will move prospects through the sales process and win the sale.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of relevant sales experience and/or industry experience required
- Successful business to business sales experience (professional services preferred)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Extensive communications skills (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Very strong organization and time management capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and develop cursory understanding of multiple industries
- Ability to engage in client-focused critical thinking
The selected candidate will be expected to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by provincial/federal and Stem policies. This is a Toronto based position.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected].